2016 New York Laws
LAB - Labor
Article 23 - (Labor) APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING
819 - Training of persons in the repair and reconditioning of slot machines.
819. Training of persons in the repair and reconditioning of slot machines. Possession of a slot machine shall be permitted where such possession is necessary to facilitate the training of persons in the repair and reconditioning of such machines by entities not subject to tribal-state compacts, provided all of the following conditions are met:
1. The entity is registered with the commissioner pursuant to this article;
2. The entity has an approved apprenticeship program in the electrical trades pursuant to title 12, volume C-1, part 601 of the New York state codes, rules and regulations;
3. The entity has submitted to, and received approval from, the superintendent of state police of a security plan with regard to the movement, location and storage of such machines at all times, including but not limited to, a log of all persons having access to such machines, and a video surveillance of such machines;
4. (a) Written notification, made to the commissioner, shall be made for each machine to be received by an approved apprenticeship program. Such notification shall include the manufacturer, model and serial number for each machine and identification number of each program storage device such as EPROM, ROM, flash ROM, DVD or CD-ROM. Such identical information shall be maintained by each approved apprenticeship program in a format required by the commissioner.
(b) Each approved apprenticeship program shall promptly notify the commissioner, in writing, of the return, removal or destruction of a machine or program storage device or of additional program storage devices to be received;
5. The entity possesses a tag issued by the department with an identification number affixed and identifying each machine.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.