2016 New York Laws
EDN - Education
Title 8 - THE PROFESSIONS
Article 168 - (8850 - 8856) LICENSED PATHOLOGISTS' ASSISTANTS
8852 - Requirements for licensure as a pathologists' assistant.
* 8852. Requirements for licensure as a pathologists' assistant. To qualify for licensure as a "licensed pathologists' assistant", an applicant shall fulfill the following requirements:
1. Application: file an application with the department;
2. Education: receive an education, including a bachelor's or higher degree in pathologists' assistant, granted on the basis of completion of a program of pathologists' assistant registered with the department or the substantial equivalent thereof, in accordance with the commissioner's regulations;
3. Examination: obtain a passing score on an examination acceptable to the department;
4. Age: at the time of application be at least twenty-one years of age;
5. Character: be of good moral character as determined by the department; and
6. Fee: pay a fee determined by the department for an initial license and for each triennial registration period.
* NB Effective November 28, 2018
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.