2016 New York Laws
DCD - Debtor & Creditor
Article 2 - (Debtor & Creditor) GENERAL ASSIGNMENTS FOR THE BENEFIT OF CREDITORS
- 2 - Jurisdiction of proceedings.
- 3 - Requisites of general assignment.
- 4 - Debtor's schedule.
- 5 - Notice to creditors to present claims.
- 6 - Bond of assignee.
- 7 - Further security.
- 8 - Discharge or removal of assignee; correction of inventory or schedule; supplemental inventories or schedules.
- 9 - Failure to file bond.
- 10 - Action on bond; application of recovery.
- 11 - Proceedings in case of death of assignee.
- 12 - Notices to parties interested in the estate as creditors or otherwise.
- 13 - Debts which may be proved against the estate.
- 14 - Duties of assignee.
- 15 - Power of court.
- 16 - Examination of witnesses.
- 17 - Invalid claims.
- 18 - Effect of orders; power of judge and duties of clerk.
- 19 - Sale and compromise of claims and property.
- 20 - General powers of court.
- 21 - Trial, costs and commissions.
- 21-A - Company pension plans; deductions from wages trust moneys; preference.
- 22 - Wages and commissions and preferred claims.
- 23 - Limitation of preferences.
- 24 - Appraisal of estate in the hands of assignee.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.