2016 New York Laws
AGM - Agriculture & Markets
Article 9-A - (Agriculture & Markets) SALE OF AGRICULTURAL LIMING MATERIALS
142-CC - Label or accompanying statement and weigh slip.
142-cc. Label or accompanying statement and weigh slip. No agricultural liming material shall be sold, offered, or exposed for sale, bartered, given or otherwise supplied in this state unless there shall be affixed to each package in a conspicuous place on the outside thereof a plainly printed, stamped or otherwise marked label, tag or statement or in the case of bulk sales or transfers there shall be provided a certified weigh slip plainly printed, stamped or otherwise marked, which shall certify as follows:
1. The name, principal office address and plant location of the manufacturer, producer or distributor.
2. The identification of the product as to the type of liming material.
3. The brand under which it is sold or supplied.
4. A statement expressing the minimum total neutralizing value stated as calcium carbonate equivalence and the minimum fineness, at time of delivery.
5. The net weight of the material.
6. The kind and amount of adulterant or foreign material therein, if any, expressed by weight of the material.
7. In the case of any material which has been damaged, hydrated, adulterated or otherwise changed subsequent to the original packaging, labelling, or loading thereof and before delivery to the consumer, a plainly marked notice to that effect shall be affixed by the vendor to the package or accompanying statement, such notice to identify the kind and degree of such damage, hydration, adulteration or other change therein.
8. A guarantee of the calcium and magnesium content expressed as a percentage by weight of each such element.
9. For agricultural liming material sold in bulk, a guarantee of the percentage of its effective neutralizing value, as determined in accordance with regulations adopted by the commissioner. Such value shall also be expressed separately as the weight of such bulk material necessary to equal one ton of agricultural liming material having an effective neutralizing value of one hundred percent.
At every site, from which agricultural liming products are delivered in bulk, and at every place where consumer orders for bulk deliveries are placed, there shall be conspicuously posted a copy of the statement required by this section for each brand of material.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.