2016 New York Laws
AGM - Agriculture & Markets
Article 4-A - (Agriculture & Markets) Frozen Desserts
71-E - Revocation or suspension of license.

NY Agri & Mkts L § 71-E (2016) What's This?

71-e. Revocation or suspension of license. Any license may be revoked by the commissioner, after notice to the licensee by mail or otherwise and opportunity to be heard, when and if it appears that any statement upon which it was issued was false or misleading, or that any frozen dessert manufactured, sold, offered or exposed for sale, or held for sale, by the licensee is adulterated or misbranded, or is manufactured in a plant, or transported in a vehicle, or stored in equipment not maintained in accordance with the standards of sanitation prescribed in the rules and regulations promulgated under the authority of this article, or that the brand name of any label or advertising of any frozen dessert manufactured, sold, offered or exposed for sale, or held for sale, by the licensee gives a false indication of origin, character, composition or place of manufacture, or is otherwise false or misleading in any particular.

A license may also, after such notice and hearing, be suspended for any of the foregoing reasons until the licensee complies with the conditions prescribed by the commissioner for its reinstatement.

Where the commissioner has denied, revoked or suspended a license, an order to that effect may be issued and service thereof may be made either by personal delivery of a copy, or by mailing a copy in a sealed envelope with postage prepaid to such applicant or licensee, or, in case such applicant or licensee is a corporation, then to any officer or agent of such corporation upon whom a summons may be served in accordance with the provisions of the civil practice law and rules.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.