2016 New York Laws
AGM - Agriculture & Markets
Article 23 - (Agriculture & Markets) DIRECT MARKETING
283 - Powers and duties of the commissioner.
283. Powers and duties of the commissioner. The commissioner shall have the powers and duties to:
1. Develop and implement programs designed to facilitate direct marketing.
2. Encourage direct marketing through the cooperative selling and buying of farm products or production supplies.
3. Provide technical or educational assistance to producers of farm products seeking new or improved methods of direct marketing of such products.
4. Provide assistance to wholesale buyers and retail stores seeking to purchase farm and food products directly from producers.
5. Provide assistance to consumer or non-profit organizations, public or private agencies, hospitals and other health care facilities seeking to purchase or facilitate the purchase of farm products directly from producers.
6. Publicize and encourage participation by producers and consumers in direct marketing programs.
7. Encourage the direct marketing of food and farm products to public and private agencies within the state.
8. Encourage the development of direct marketing programs within areas of the state which are identified as having poor consumer access to reasonably priced and high quality farm products.
8-a. Encourage the development of direct marketing programs, within areas of the state designated by the department of health as having a high incidence of childhood obesity and to increase the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables to help curb the incidence of childhood obesity.
9. Conduct conferences, seminars or workshops designed to promote the direct marketing of farm products within the state.
10. Contract, where necessary, and cooperate with other federal, state and local governmental, private non-profit agencies, and other private business organizations for the development, design and implementation of any activities authorized hereunder.
11. Establish a statewide advisory council which shall provide information to and advise the commissioner, as prescribed by him, on policy, planning and programs.
12. Undertake any other activities which he deems necessary to accomplish the purposes of this article.
13. Promulgate rules and regulations necessary to supplement and give full force and effect to the provisions of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.