2016 New York Laws
AGM - Agriculture & Markets
Article 23 - (Agriculture & Markets) DIRECT MARKETING
282 - Definitions.
282. Definitions. As used in this article:
1. "Direct marketing" means the sale of farm and food products directly from producers to consumers and food buyers.
2. "Farm and food product" means any agricultural, horticultural, forest, or other product of the soil or water that has been grown, harvested, or produced wholly within the state of New York. Such products shall include but not be limited to: fruits, vegetables, eggs, dairy products, meat and meat products, poultry and poultry products, fish and fish products, grain and grain products, honey, nuts, preserves, maple sap products, apple cider, fruit juice, ornamental or vegetable plants, nursery products, flowers, firewood, fermented agricultural products, and Christmas trees.
3. "Producer" means any person who grows, produces, or causes to be grown or produced any farm and food products in New York state. This term shall also include members of the producer's family and the producer's employees.
4. "Farmers' market" means any building, structure or place, the property of a municipal corporation or under lease to or in possession of a public or private agency, used or intended to be used by two or more producers for the direct sale of farm and food products from producers to consumers and food buyers. Such market may also include facilities for the packing, shipping, first-instance processing or storage of farm and food products, and shall include all equipment used or intended to be used in connection with such facilities. Such market may also include other businesses which reasonably serve the public or make the market more convenient, efficient, profitable or successful, including, but not limited to, food service, baking, and non-food retailing.
5. "Public or private agencies" means any department, division, bureau, or program of the federal or state government, or local governments, public benefit corporations, private non-profit organizations, or educational institutions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.