2016 New York Laws
AGM - Agriculture & Markets
Article 20 - (Agriculture & Markets) LICENSING OF FARM PRODUCTS DEALERS
249 - Granting, revoking or suspending licenses.
249. Granting, revoking or suspending licenses. The commissioner may decline to grant or renew a license, or revoke or suspend a license already granted, upon due notice and opportunity for a hearing to the applicant or licensee, and upon finding of one or more of the following:
1. That the licensee or applicant has violated any provision of section two hundred forty-six of this article.
2. That the licensee has made a general assignment for the benefit of creditors or is insolvent or where a money judgment has been secured against him or her, upon which an execution has been returned unsatisfied and the time to appeal therefrom has expired.
3. That there has been a continued course of dealing or operation of the business of the applicant or licensee of such a nature as to satisfy the commissioner of the inability or the unwillingness of the applicant or licensee to conduct his or her business in compliance with the provisions of this chapter, or of such rules and regulations as the commissioner may adopt.
4. That there has been a continued failure to keep records required by the commissioner or by law.
5. That the applicant or licensee has failed to provide such security as required by the commissioner pursuant to this article.
6. That the applicant or licensee has been a party to or is conspiring to enter a combination to fix prices contrary to law.
7. That the applicant or licensee has solicited, purchased or received farm products contracted to another licensee.
8. That the applicant or licensee has failed to comply with any other provisions of this chapter, article or rules and regulations promulgated thereunder.
9. That the applicant or licensee has made any false or misleading statement in his or her application to the commissioner for a license, or concerning any matter enumerated in this article.
10. That the applicant or licensee or any individual holding any position or interest or power of control of the applicant or licensee had previously been responsible in whole or in part for any act on account of which a license may have been suspended or revoked pursuant to the provisions of this article.
11. That the licensee has violated the posting requirements of section two hundred forty-eight of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.