2016 New York Laws
AGM - Agriculture & Markets
Article 20 - (Agriculture & Markets) LICENSING OF FARM PRODUCTS DEALERS
246 - Unlawful conduct.
246. Unlawful conduct. It shall be unlawful: 1. For any person to act as a dealer unless licensed pursuant to the provisions of this article.
2. For any dealer to make any fraudulent charge in respect to any farm product.
3. For any dealer to reject or fail to account and make prompt payment, without reasonable cause, for any farm products, bought or contracted to be bought or negotiated to be bought by such dealer.
4. For any dealer to discard, dump or destroy, without reasonable cause, any farm products received by him or her.
5. For any dealer to make any false or misleading statement, or other misrepresentation concerning the condition, quality, grade, quantity or disposition of or condition of the market for any farm products received by or bought or contracted to be bought by such dealer, or the purchase or sale of which is negotiated by such dealer.
6. For any dealer directly or indirectly to purchase for his or her own account farm products received by him or her for sale on commission, without prior authority from or without notifying the consignor thereof.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.