2016 New York Laws
AGM - Agriculture & Markets
Article 11 - (Agriculture & Markets) INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
148-C - Fruit pest management.
148-c. Fruit pest management. Within the integrated pest management program there shall be established a fruit pest management program. Such program shall be conducted in such a manner to achieve the following objectives:
1. establish current pesticide use patterns and the economics of pest management for the major fruit crops in New York;
2. investigate alternative pest management tactics (e.g., biological and cultural control, plant resistance) and determine how to integrate these tactics with chemical control and horticultural practices;
3. develop practical monitoring techniques, economic thresholds, and forecasting methods for pests of fruit crops;
4. develop research and grower demonstration sites where integrated pest management technologies can be evaluated as an integral part of the overall fruit production system; and
5. provide the fruit industry with training, information, and educational materials on the implementation of integrated pest management utilizing traditional as well as new communication channels (e.g. computer-based information delivery systems).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.