2015 New York Laws
RCO - Religious Corporations
Article 24 - (Religious Corporations) ORGANIZATIONS OF THE ISLAMIC FAITH
484 - Meeting for incorporation.
484. Meeting for incorporation. 1. At the meeting for incorporation held in pursuance of such notice, only qualified voters shall be eligible to vote.
2. The presence of one-third of the qualified voters or six qualified voters, whichever number is higher, shall be necessary to constitute a quorum of such meeting. The action of the meeting upon any matter or question shall be decided by a majority of the qualified voters present.
3. The minister of the church, or if none, the officiating minister, shall act as presiding officer of the meeting to incorporate. The presiding officer shall call the meeting to order and shall be the judge of the qualification of voters.
4. Such meeting shall decide by ballot whether the church shall be incorporated, the name of the proposed corporation, the names of the initial trustees, and the date, not more than fifteen months thereafter, on which the first annual election or affirmation of the trustees thereof after such meeting shall be held. The trustees shall hold office until their successors are elected or affirmed.
5. At the meeting for incorporation, a constitution and by-laws shall be adopted setting forth a form of church governance that is consistent with section four hundred eighty-five of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.