2015 New York Laws
RCO - Religious Corporations
Article 2 - (Religious Corporations) GENERAL PROVISIONS
- 3 - Filing and recording certificates of incorporation of religious corporations.
- 4 - Property of unincorporated society transferred by its incorporation.
- 4-A - Age qualifications of voters.
- 5 - General powers and duties of trustees of religious corporations.
- 5-A - Investment of funds.
- 5-B - (Enacted without section heading).
- 6 - Acquisition of property by religious corporations for branch institutions; establishment, maintenance and management thereof.
- 7 - Acquisition of property by religious corporations for cemetery purposes; management thereof.
- 7-A - Deeds for cemetery purposes; presumption.
- 8 - Lot owners' rights.
- 8-A - Reacquisition of a lot, plot or part thereof by a cemetery.
- 9 - Removal of human remains from one cemetery of a religious corporation to another cemetery owned by it.
- 10 - Acquisition of property by two or more religious corporations for a common parsonage.
- 11 - Correction and confirmation of conveyances to religious corporations.
- 12 - Sale, mortgage and lease of real property of religious corporations.
- 13 - Consolidation or merger of incorporated churches.
- 14 - Judicial investigation of amount of property of religious corporations.
- 15 - Corporations with governing authority over, or advisory relations with, churches or synods, or both.
- 15-A - Consolidation of incorporated presbyteries.
- 15-B - Consolidation or merger of incorporated Presbyterian and Lutheran synods.
- 16 - Property of extinct churches.
- 17 - Property of extinct Free Baptist churches.
- 17-A - Property of extinct Seventh Day Baptist churches and Seventh Day Baptist religious societies.
- 17-B - Property of extinct Presbyterian churches in connection with the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
- 17-C - Property of Lutheran congregations.
- 18 - Dissolution of religious corporations.
- 19 - Corporations for organizing and maintaining mission churches and Sunday schools.
- 20 - Corporations for acquiring parsonages for district superintendents and camp-meeting grounds.
- 21 - Corporations for acquiring camp-meeting grounds for the Reformed Methodist denomination.
- 21-A - Corporations for acquiring lands for parsonage or camp-meeting purposes for the Free Methodist denomination.
- 22 - Establishing and maintaining a home for aged poor.
- 23 - Powers of churches created by special laws.
- 24 - Government of churches incorporated prior to January first, eighteen hundred and twenty-eight.
- 25 - Pastoral relation.
- 26 - Worship.
- 27 - Reservation as to Baptist churches, churches of the United Church of Christ and Congregational Christian churches.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.