2015 New York Laws
EDN - Education
Title 6 - SPECIAL SCHOOLS AND INSTRUCTION
Article 95 - (4701 - 4712) FARM SCHOOLS IN COUNTIES
4705 - Powers of superintendent; discipline of school.
4705. Powers of superintendent; discipline of school. The superintendent of the school shall, subject to the regulations of the board of managers:
1. Have the general management of the school and the land, buildings and equipment thereof, and devote his entire time to its affairs;
2. Be responsible for the welfare of pupils of the school and see that the regulations and directions of the board of managers are carried into effect;
3. Supervise and direct the methods of instruction and the performance of duties by the teachers, assistants and employees of such school;
4. Prescribe rules for the government and discipline of the pupils of the school and cause such rules to be enforced;
5. Protect and care for the property of the school;
6. Give special attention to the proper instruction, detention, restraint, discipline, comfort and physical and moral welfare of the pupils of the school, and perform such other duties as may be required of him by the board of managers, with a view of carrying out the purposes of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.