2015 New York Laws
DOM - Domestic Relations
Article 3 - (Domestic Relations) Solemnization, Proof and Effect of Marriage
- 10 - Marriage a civil contract.
- 10-A - Parties to a marriage.
- 10-B - Religious exception.
- 11 - By whom a marriage must be solemnized.
- 11-A - Duty of city clerk in certain cities of the first class; facsimile signature of said clerk authorized.
- 11-B - Registration of persons performing marriage ceremonies in the city of New York.
- 11-C - Marriage officers.
- 12 - Marriage, how solemnized.
- 13 - Marriage licenses.
- 13-AA - Test to determine the presence of sickle cell anemia.
- 13-B - Time within which marriage may be solemnized.
- 13-C - Twenty-four hour provision waived in certain cases.
- 13-D - Duty of clerk issuing marriage license.
- 14 - Town and city clerks to issue marriage licenses; form.
- 14-A - Town and city clerks to issue certificates of marriage registration; form.
- 15 - Duty of town and city clerks.
- 15-A - Marriages of minors under fourteen years of age.
- 15-B - Temporary provisions authorizing issuance of marriage license, upon court order, without consent of a parent in armed forces of United States, merchan
- 16 - False statements and affidavits.
- 17 - Clergyman or officer violating article; penalty.
- 18 - Clergymen or officer, when protected.
- 19 - Records to be kept by town and city clerks.
- 19-A - Marriages on vessels; reports and records.
- 20 - Records to be kept by the state department of health and the city clerk of the city of New York.
- 20-A - Certified transcripts of records; state commissioner of health may furnish.
- 20-B - Certification of marriage; state commissioner of health may furnish.
- 21 - Forms and books to be furnished.
- 22 - Penalty for violation.
- 23 - Supervision of and inspection of town and city clerks' records by state commissioner of health.
- 24 - Effect of marriage on legitimacy of children.
- 25 - License, when to be obtained.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.