2015 New York Laws
CVS - Civil Service
Article 6 - (Civil Service) SPECIAL RIGHTS FOR VETERANS AND EXEMPT VOLUNTEER FIREMEN
- 85 - Additional credit allowed veterans in competitive examinations; preference in retention upon abolition of positions.
- 85-A - Additional credits allowed children and siblings of firefighters, police officers, emergency medical technicians and paramedics killed in the line of duty.
- 85-B - Additional credits allowed children and siblings of firefighters and police officers killed in the line of duty.
- 85-C - Additional credits allowed the children and siblings of emergency medical technicians and paramedics killed in the line of duty.
- 86 - Transfer of veterans or exempt volunteer firemen upon abolition of positions.
- 87 - Prohibition against disqualification on account of age or disability.
- 88 - Prohibition against discrimination against public employees serving in the armed forces.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.