2014 New York Laws
LAB - Labor
Article 30 - (900 - 910) ASBESTOS OR PRODUCTS CONTAINING ASBESTOS; LICENSING
903 - License and certification procedure.
903. License and certification procedure. 1. All applications for asbestos handling licenses or certificates shall be submitted in writing on forms furnished by the commissioner and shall contain such information which the commissioner may require. An application for an asbestos handling license shall contain a statement by the asbestos contractor or its duly authorized representative, which shall be subscribed by the asbestos contractor or its duly authorized representative and affirmed as true under penalties of perjury, that all persons employed by the asbestos contractor on any asbestos project whose duties involve the removal, encapsulation, enclosure, repair or disturbance of asbestos, or any handling of asbestos material that may result in the release of asbestos fiber or the supervision thereof, shall have valid asbestos handling certificates and that the asbestos contractor will abide by all the rules and regulations promulgated pursuant to this article. The commissioner shall have the authority to deny the issuance or renewal of a license or certificate for good cause shown, including the serious violation of state, federal or local laws by the applicant or by any substantially owned-affiliated entity of the applicant with regard to the conduct of any job involving asbestos or asbestos material, or for any serious violation or violations that resulted in a suspended or revoked license or certificate during the previous five years.
2. The fee for an asbestos handling license shall be five hundred dollars, which shall accompany each license application.
3. The renewal fee for an asbestos handling license shall be three hundred dollars, which shall accompany each license renewal application.
4. An asbestos handling license shall be valid for a period of one year from the date of issuance and may be renewed on conditions set by the commissioner related to additional training.
5. The fee for an asbestos handling certificate shall be assessed in accordance with the following and shall accompany each certificate application.
Schedule: Asbestos Handling Certificate Category Fee
Management Planner $150
Project Designer 150
Air Monitor 75
Asbestos Handler 50
Operation and Maintenance 50
Restricted Handler 50
6. The renewal fee for any annual asbestos handling certificate shall be equal to the application fee set forth herein, and shall accompany each certificate renewal application.
7. An asbestos handling certificate shall be valid for a period of one year from date of issuance and may be renewed on conditions set by the commissioner related to additional training.
8. Within thirty days of the receipt of the application and fee for any license or certificate issued under this section, the commissioner shall either issue the license or certificate or deny the license or certificate setting forth the reason for such denial in writing.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.