2014 New York Laws
ISC - Insurance
Article 79 - (7901 - 7913) SERVICE CONTRACTS
7901 - Scope and purposes.
7901. Scope and purposes. (a) The purposes of this article are to:
(1) create a legal framework within which service contracts may be sold in this state;
(2) encourage the marketing and developing of more economical and effective means of providing services under service contracts; and
(3) permit and encourage fair and effective competition among different systems of providing and paying for these services.
(b) This article shall not apply to:
(1) Express or implied warranties;
(2) Maintenance agreements;
(3) Warranties, service contracts or maintenance agreements offered by public utilities on their transmission devices to the extent they are regulated by the public service commission; and
(4) Warranties, service contracts and maintenance agreements that are conditioned upon or otherwise associated with the sale or supply of heating fuel.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.