2014 New York Laws
GBS - General Business
Article 35-C - (750 - 750-W) OPERATION OF PET CEMETERIES AND PET CREMATORIUMS
750-V - Duties of pet cemetery owners and operators.
750-v. Duties of pet cemetery owners and operators. All pet cemetery owners and operators shall have the following duties:
1. To keep permanently maps and records containing the specific site of each pet grave, the grave owner's last known address, the date of burial, the size of such grave, the contract for sale of such grave and pet disposal forms provided however that the provisions of this subdivision shall apply only to individual burials.
2. To keep complete records of the names of trustees of any trust accounts and complete records of all trust fund money.
3. To clearly inform customers of the option of paying maintenance fees for care of pet graves, including costs and benefits for permanent care for pet graves and annual care for pet graves.
4. To cooperate with all reasonable requests of inspectors appointed by the secretary of state to inspect pet cemeteries and pet crematoriums.
5. To provide notice to customers about hours that the cemetery will open to customers to view pet graves.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.