2014 New York Laws
GBS - General Business
Article 35-C - (750 - 750-W) OPERATION OF PET CEMETERIES AND PET CREMATORIUMS
750-C - Powers of the secretary of state.
750-c. Powers of the secretary of state. The secretary of state shall inspect periodically all licensed pet cemeteries and pet crematoriums. The cost of such inspection shall not be charged to the pet cemeteries or crematoriums. In addition to the powers and duties elsewhere prescribed in this article, the secretary of state shall have power:
1. To appoint an adequate number of assistants, inspectors and other employees as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this article, to prescribe their duties, and to fix their compensation within the amount appropriated therefor.
2. To investigate applicants for licenses under this article.
3. To keep records of all licenses issued, suspended or revoked.
4. To conduct a physical inspection of all grounds and buildings of any pet cemetery or pet crematorium periodically or upon receiving a complaint.
5. To conduct a financial audit of all business records, trust fund records and pet disposal forms for any pet cemetery or pet crematorium.
6. To issue a subpoena for persons or records deemed appropriate to an investigation or any other action taken pursuant to this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.