2014 New York Laws
GBS - General Business
Article 29 - (500 - 509) MANUFACTURE, SALE AND INTRODUCTION OR MOVEMENT IN COMMERCE OF FLAMMABLE WEARING APPAREL, FABRICS, RELATED MATERIAL AND INTERIOR FURNISHING PROHIBITED
506 - Exclusions.
506. Exclusions. The provisions of this article shall not apply:
1. to any common carrier, contract carrier or freight forwarder with respect to a product, fabric or related material shipped or delivered for shipment into commerce in the ordinary course of its business; or
2. to any person manufacturing, delivering for shipment, shipping, selling, or offering for sale for export from the state to any foreign county a product, fabric or related material made in accordance with the specifications of the purchaser; or
3. to any convertor, processor, or finisher in performing a contract or commission service for the account of a person subject to the provisions of this article provided that such convertor, processor, or finisher does not cause any product, fabric or related material to become subject to this article contrary to the terms of the contract or commission service; or
4. to any product, fabric or related material shipped or delivered for shipment into commerce for the purpose of finishing or processing to render such product, fabric or related material not so highly flammable under the provisions of section five hundred two of this article as to be dangerous when worn or used by individuals.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.