2014 New York Laws
GBS - General Business
Article 29 - (500 - 509) MANUFACTURE, SALE AND INTRODUCTION OR MOVEMENT IN COMMERCE OF FLAMMABLE WEARING APPAREL, FABRICS, RELATED MATERIAL AND INTERIOR FURNISHING PROHIBITED
500 - Definitions.
500. Definitions. As used in this article,
1. "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, or any other form of business enterprise.
2. "Article of wearing apparel" means any costume or article of clothing worn or intended to be worn by individuals.
3. "Interior furnishing" means any type of furnishing made in whole or in part of fabric or related material and intended for use or which may reasonably be expected to be used in homes, offices, or other places of assembly or accommodation.
3-a. "Portable temporary shelter" shall include but shall not be limited to, any type of tent, fold-out or pop-up camping or tent trailer, recreational vehicle awning or add-on room or shelter, or screen house made in whole, or in part of fabric or related material.
4. "Fabric" means any material (except fiber, filament, or yarn for other than retail sale) woven, knitted, felted, or otherwise produced from or in combination with any natural or synthetic fiber, film, or substitute therefor which is intended for use or which may reasonably be expected to be used in any product as defined in subdivision six of this section.
5. "Related material" means paper, plastic, rubber, synthetic film, or synthetic foam which is intended for use or which may reasonably be expected to be used in any product as defined in subdivision six of this section.
6. "Product" means any article of wearing apparel, interior furnishing, sleeping bag, or portable temporary shelter.
7. "Department" means the department of labor.
8. "Commissioner" means the "industrial commissioner" of the state of New York.
9. "Manufacture" means "making," or "made" and includes converting, processing, altering, repairing, finishing, or preparing for sale any product, fabric or related material.
10. "Sale," "sell" or "sold," includes offering or exposing for sale or exchange or hire or lease, or consigning or delivering in consignment for sale, exchange, hire or lease or holding in possession with like intent.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.