2014 New York Laws
GBS - General Business
Article 18 - (280 - 287) FREIGHT AND BAGGAGE
- 280 - Duty of carrier as to unclaimed articles.
- 281 - Description to be made and published.
- 282 - Packages to be opened and contents sold; proceeds of sale.
- 283 - Lien for expenses of proceedings.
- 284 - Penalty for violation of preceding sections.
- 285 - Sale of unclaimed articles by express companies; notice thereof; disposition of proceeds of sale.
- 286 - Surplus to be paid to owner.
- 287 - After five years if unclaimed to be paid to county treasurer.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.