2014 New York Laws
CVP - Civil Practice Law & Rules
Article 80 - (8001 - 8022) FEES
8016 - Clerks of courts of record generally.
8016. Clerks of courts of record generally. (a) Fees of clerks in actions. Except where a greater fee is allowed by another statute for the same service, each clerk of a court of record, except the clerk of the civil court of the city of New York, except a county clerk, except clerks of the family courts, and except the clerks of the district courts, is entitled for the services specified to the following fees, payable in advance:
1. upon the trial of an action, or the hearing, upon the merits, of a special proceeding, from the party bringing it on, one dollar;
2. for entering final judgment, including the filing of the judgment-roll and a copy of the judgment to insert therein, fifty cents, and fifteen cents in addition for each folio, exceeding five, contained in the judgment;
3. for entering any order or an interlocutory judgment, fifty cents, and fifteen cents in addition for each folio, exceeding five;
4. for a certified or other copy of an order, record or other paper in an action brought or transferred to the court of which he is clerk and entered or filed in his office, ten cents for each folio;
5. for a certified transcript of the docket of a judgment, fifty cents; and
6. for filing a transcript, or docketing or redocketing a judgment thereupon, fifty cents, and fifty cents in addition for each defendant, exceeding two.
(b) Certifying judgment-roll on appeal. Where, on an appeal from a judgment or order, a party shall present to the clerk of a court of record, except the clerk of the civil court of the city of New York, except a county clerk, except clerks of the family courts, and except the clerks of the district courts, a printed copy of the judgment-roll or order appealed from, it shall be the duty of the clerk to compare and certify the same, for which service he shall be entitled to be paid at the rate of fifty cents per page or portion thereof, unless a greater fee is allowed by another statute.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.