2014 New York Laws
CVP - Civil Practice Law & Rules
Article 55 - (5501 - R5532) APPEALS GENERALLY
R5531 - Description of action.
Rule 5531. Description of action. The appellant shall file together with the record on appeal, in both criminal and civil actions, a statement containing the following information listed and numbered in the following order:
1. the index number of the case in the court below,
2. the full names of the original parties and any change in the parties,
3. the court and county in which the action was commenced,
4. the date the action was commenced and the dates on which each pleading was served,
5. a brief description of the nature and object of the action,
6. a statement as to whether the appeal is from a judgment or an order or both, the dates of entry of each judgment or order appealed from, and the name of the judge or justice who directed the entry of the judgment or made the order being appealed, and
7. a statement as to the method of appeal being used:
(a) whether the appeal is on a full record, printed or reproduced, or
(b) on the original record, in which event, state whether the appendix method is being used, or leave to prosecute the appeal on the original record was granted by the court or by statute.
The statement shall be prefixed to the papers constituting the record on appeal. A copy of this statement shall be filed with the clerk at the time the record on appeal is filed.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.