There is a newer version of the New York Consolidated Laws
2013 New York Consolidated Laws
RRD - Railroad
Article 6 - (220 - 244) RAPID TRANSIT ACT OF 1875
- 220 - Application for railroad; commissioners.
- 221 - Oath and bond of commissioners.
- 222 - First meeting of commissioners.
- 223 - Determination of necessity of railroad and route.
- 224 - Adoption of plans, and terms upon which road shall be built.
- 225 - Appraisal of damages and deposit of money as security.
- 226 - Shall prepare certificate of incorporation; proviso as to forfeiture.
- 227 - Organization.
- 228 - Commissioners to deliver certificate; affidavit of directors.
- 229 - Powers.
- 231 - Where route coincides with another route.
- 232 - Commissioners to transfer plans.
- 233 - Commissioners to file report; confirmation thereof.
- 234 - Pay of commissioners.
- 235 - Quorum; term of office; removal; vacancies in board of commissioners.
- 236 - Abandonment or change of route; new commissioners; their powers and proceedings.
- 237 - Abandonment of portion of route by elevated railroad.
- 238 - Increased deposit, when and how required.
- 239 - Trains to come to full stop.
- 240 - Gates or vestibule doors.
- 241 - Penalty for violation of two preceding sections.
- 242 - Sections to be printed and posted.
- 243 - Extension of time.
- 244 - Lighting cars on elevated railroads in cities of over twelve hundred thousand inhabitants.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.