2012 New York Consolidated Laws
SOS - Social Services
Article 6 - CHILDREN
Title 6 - (411 - 428) CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES
- 411 - Findings and purpose.
- 412 - General definitions.
- 412-A - Special definitions relating to children in residential care.
- 413 - Persons and officials required to report cases of suspected child abuse or maltreatment.
- 414 - Any person permitted to report.
- 415 - Reporting procedure.
- 416 - Obligations of persons required to report.
- 417 - Taking a child into protective custody.
- 418 - Mandatory reporting to and post-mortem investigation of deaths by medical examiner or coroner.
- 419 - Immunity from liability.
- 420 - Penalties for failure to report.
- 421 - Responsibility of the department.
- 422 - Statewide central register of child abuse and maltreatment.
- 422-A - Child abuse and neglect investigations; disclosure.
- 422-B - Local and regional fatality review teams.
- 422-C - Establishment of the child abuse medical provider program (CHAMP).
- 423 - Child protective service responsibilities and organization; purchase of service and reimbursement of cost; local plan.
- 423-A - Child advocacy centers established.
- 424 - Duties of the child protective service concerning reports of abuse or maltreatment.
- 424-A - Access to information contained in the statewide central register of child abuse and maltreatment.
- 424-B - Children in the care of certain public and private agencies.
- 424-C - Duties of the commissioner of the office of children and family services concerning reports of abuse or neglect of children in residential facilities
- 424-D - Determinations rendered on reports of abuse or neglect of children in residential facilities or programs and actions to be taken.
- 425 - Cooperation of other agencies.
- 426 - Annual reports.
- 427 - Regulations of the commissioner.
- 427-A - Differential response programs for child protection assessments or investigations.
- 428 - Separability.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.