There is a newer version of the New York Consolidated Laws
2012 New York Consolidated Laws
RPP - Real Property
Article 7 - (220 - 238) Landlord and Tenant
- 220 - Action for use and occupation.
- 221 - Rent due on life leases recoverable.
- 222 - When rent is apportionable.
- 223 - Rights where property or lease is transferred.
- 223-A - Remedies of lessee when possession is not delivered.
- 223-B - Retaliation by landlord against tenant.
- 224 - Attornment by tenant.
- 225 - Notice of action adverse to possession of tenant.
- 226 - Effect of renewal on sub-lease.
- 226-A - Effect of new lease on tenant's right to remove fixtures or improvements.
- 226-B - Right to sublease or assign.
- 227 - When tenant may surrender premises.
- 227-A - Termination of residential lease by senior citizens moving to a residence of a family member or entering certain health care facilities, adult care
- 227-B - Termination of certain contracts by senior citizens.
- 227-C - Termination of residential lease by victims of domestic violence.
- 228 - Termination of tenancies at will or by sufferance, by notice.
- 229 - Liability of tenant holding over after giving notice of intention to quit.
- 230 - Right of tenants to form, join or participate in tenants' groups.
- 231 - Lease, when void; liability of landlord where premises are occupied for unlawful purpose.
- 232 - Duration of certain agreements in New York.
- 232-A - Notice to terminate monthly tenancy or tenancy from month to month in the city of New York.
- 232-B - Notification to terminate monthly tenancy or tenancy from month to month outside the city of New York.
- 232-C - Holding over by a tenant after expiration of a term longer than one month; effect of acceptance of rent.
- 233 - Manufactured home parks; duties, responsibilities.
- 233-A - Sale of manufactured home parks.
- 234 - Tenants' right to recover attorneys' fees in actions or summary proceedings arising out of leases of residential property.
- 235 - Wilful violations.
- 235-A - Tenant right to offset payments and entitlement to damages in certain cases.
- 235-B - Warranty of habitability.
- 235-C - Unconscionable lease or clause.
- 235-D - Harassment.
- 235-E - Duty of landlord to provide written receipt.
- 235-F - Unlawful restrictions on occupancy.
- 235-G - Electronic billing and/or payment of rent.
- 236 - Assignment of lease of a deceased tenant.
- 237 - Discrimination in leases with respect to bearing of children.
- 237-A - Discrimination against children in dwelling houses and manufactured home parks.
- 238 - Agreements or contracts for privileges to deal with occupants of tenements, apartment houses or bungalow colonies.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.