2021 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 1 - Elections
Article 14 - Contests and Recounts
- Section 1-14-1 - Contest of elections; who may contest.
- Section 1-14-2 - Contest of elections; status of person holding certificate.
- Section 1-14-3 - Contest of election; filing of complaint.
- Section 1-14-4 - Contest of election; judgment; effect; costs.
- Section 1-14-5 - Contest of election; appeal.
- Section 1-14-6 - Contest of election; preservation of ballots.
- Section 1-14-7 - Contest of election; disqualification of trial judge.
- Section 1-14-8 - Impounding ballots; ballots defined.
- Section 1-14-9 - Impounding ballots; application for court order; deposit required.
- Section 1-14-10 - Order of impoundment; contents.
- Section 1-14-11 - Impoundment; subsequent orders; access; termination of order.
- Section 1-14-12 - Disposition of deposit in impoundment proceedings.
- Section 1-14-13 - Post-election duties; proof that no corruption occurred; rejection of ballots.
- Section 1-14-13.1 - Repealed.
- Section 1-14-13.2 - Post-election duties; voting system check.
- Section 1-14-13.3 - General election audit.
- Section 1-14-14 - Recounts; rechecks; application.
- Section 1-14-15 - Recounts; rechecks; cost of proceedings.
- Section 1-14-16 - Recount or recheck proceedings.
- Section 1-14-17 - Repealed.
- Section 1-14-18 - Recount; recheck; recanvass by canvassing boards.
- Section 1-14-19 - Recount; recheck; candidate for district judge.
- Section 1-14-20 - Recounts; rechecks; appointment of a special master.
- Section 1-14-21 - Recounts; rechecks; mandamus.
- Section 1-14-22 - Contests and recounts; provisional, absentee and other paper ballots; use of ballot images.
- Section 1-14-23 - Recount procedures.
- Section 1-14-24 - Automatic recounts; elections for state and federal offices; procedures.
- Section 1-14-24 - Automatic recounts; elections for state and federal offices; procedures. (Effective January 1, 2023.)
- Section 1-14-25 - Automatic recounts; expenses.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.