2020 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 60 - Business Licenses
Article 6E - Alcohol Server Education
Section 60-6E-5 - Programs required; approval by director; content of program; surety bond.
A. The director shall have the authority to approve programs offered by providers.
B. The program curriculum shall include the following subjects:
(1) the effect alcohol has on the body and behavior, including the effect on a person's ability to operate a motor vehicle when intoxicated;
(2) the effect alcohol has on a person when used in combination with legal or illegal drugs;
(3) state laws concerning liquor licensure, liquor liability issues and driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor;
(4) methods of recognizing problem drinkers and techniques for intervening with problem drinkers;
(5) methods of identifying false driver's licenses and other documents used as evidence of age and identity to prevent the sale of alcohol to minors; and
(6) the incidence of alcohol-related birth defects.
C. The director shall require each provider to post a surety bond in the amount of five thousand dollars ($5,000). The director may, in the director's discretion, allow a provider to submit other evidence of financial responsibility satisfactory to the director in lieu of posting a surety bond in the amount of five thousand dollars ($5,000).
History: 1978 Comp., § 60-6D-15, enacted by Laws 1999, ch. 277, § 6; recompiled as 1978 Comp., § 60-6E-5.ANNOTATIONS
Recompilations. — See same catchline in notes to 60-6E-1 NMSA 1978.