2020 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 60 - Business Licenses
Article 6E - Alcohol Server Education
Section 60-6E-2 - Purpose.
The purpose of Chapter 60, Article 6D [6E] NMSA 1978 is to:
A. enhance the professionalism of persons employed in the alcoholic beverage service industry;
B. establish a program for servers, licensees and their lessees that includes the study of:
(1) the effect alcohol has on the body and behavior, including the effect on a person's ability to operate a motor vehicle when intoxicated;
(2) state law concerning liquor licensure, liquor liability issues and driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor;
(3) methods of recognizing problem drinkers and techniques for intervening with problem drinkers;
(4) methods of identifying false drivers' licenses and other documents used as evidence of age and identity to prevent the sale of alcohol to minors; and
(5) prevention of fetal alcohol syndrome;
C. reduce the number of persons who drive while under the influence of intoxicating liquor and mitigate the physical and property damage caused by that behavior; and
D. reduce the frequency of alcohol-related birth defects.
History: 1978 Comp., § 60-6D-12, enacted by Laws 1999, ch. 277, § 3; recompiled as 1978 Comp., § 60-6E-2.ANNOTATIONS
Bracketed material. — The bracketed material in this section was inserted by the compiler. It was not enacted by the legislature and is not part of the law.
Recompilations. — See same catchline in notes to 60-6E-1 NMSA 1978.