2020 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 44 - Miscellaneous Civil Law Matters
Article 9 - Fraud Against Taxpayers Act
- Section 44-9-1 - Short title.
- Section 44-9-2 - Definitions.
- Section 44-9-3 - False claims; liability; penalties; exception.
- Section 44-9-4 - Investigation by the attorney general; delegation; civil action.
- Section 44-9-5 - Civil action by qui tam plaintiff; state or political subdivision may intervene.
- Section 44-9-6 - Rights of the qui tam plaintiff and the state or political subdivision.
- Section 44-9-7 - Awards to qui tam plaintiff and the state or political subdivision.
- Section 44-9-8 - Award of attorney fees and costs to defendant.
- Section 44-9-9 - Certain actions barred.
- Section 44-9-10 - State or political subdivision not liable.
- Section 44-9-11 - Employer interference with employee disclosure; private action for retaliation.
- Section 44-9-12 - Limitation of actions; estoppel; standard of proof.
- Section 44-9-13 - Joint and several liability.
- Section 44-9-14 - Remedy not exclusive.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.