2019 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 22 - Public Schools
Article 35 - Safe Schools for All Students
Section 22-35-4 - Bullying prevention programs establishment.
A. Following adoption of a bullying prevention policy, each public school shall:
(1) establish an annual bullying prevention program for students included in New Mexico's health education content standards with benchmarks and performance standards;
(2) provide annual training on bullying prevention to all employees and volunteers who have significant contact with students; and
(3) incorporate information on the bullying prevention policy into new employee training.
B. Each school district and public school shall develop a plan for the way in which the policy is to be publicized, including:
(1) making each school district's anti-bullying policy, and developmentally, culturally and linguistically appropriate variants of the policy, available on public websites;
(2) identifying a point of contact for bullying-related concerns; and
(3) informing parents and students about the policy at least annually through student handbooks and other resources.
History: Laws 2019, ch. 181, § 4.ANNOTATIONS
Effective dates. — Laws 2019, ch. 181, § 7 made Laws 2019, ch. 181 effective July 1, 2019.