2018 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 60 - Business Licenses
Article 14 - Manufactured Housing
Section 60-14-9 - License; application; issuance.
A. Application for a license required under Section 60-14-7 NMSA 1978 for one of the classified occupations, or for a certificate of qualification of a qualifying party of a licensee other than an individual licensee, shall be submitted to the division on forms prescribed and furnished by the division. The application shall contain such information and be accompanied by such attachments as are required by regulations of the division. The forms shall be accompanied by the prescribed fee.
B. No license shall be issued by the division to any person unless the division is satisfied that he is or has in his employ a qualifying party who is qualified for the classification for which the application is made and who has satisfied the requirements of Subsection C of this section.
C. An applicant for licensure shall:
(1) demonstrate financial responsibility as required by regulations of the committee;
(2) be of good reputation;
(3) not have engaged illegally in the licensed classification that he is applying for within one year prior to making the application;
(4) demonstrate familiarity with the rules and regulations adopted by the committee concerning the classification for which application is made;
(5) if a corporation, have complied with the laws of New Mexico regarding qualifications for doing business in this state or have been incorporated in New Mexico and have and maintain a registered agent and a registered office in this state;
(6) if an individual or partnership, have maintained a residence or street address in New Mexico for at least thirty days preceding the date of application;
(7) submit proof of registration with the revenue division of the taxation and revenue department and submit a current tax identification number; and
(8) personally or through the applicant's qualifying party successfully pass an examination administered by the division in the license classification for which application is made.
History: 1953 Comp., § 67-41-9, enacted by Laws 1975, ch. 331, § 9; 1977, ch. 245, § 223; 1983, ch. 295, § 15.
Am. Jur. 2d, A.L.R. and C.J.S. references. — 51 Am. Jur. 2d Licenses and Permits §§ 45 to 47.
53 C.J.S. Licenses §§ 37 to 42.