2017 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 27 - Public Assistance
Article 14 - Medicaid False Claims Act
Section 27-14-5 - Documentary material in possession of state agency.
27-14-5. Documentary material in possession of state agency.
A. The department shall have access to all documentary materials of persons and medicaid recipients to which a state agency has access. Documentary material provided pursuant to this subsection is provided to allow investigation of an alleged unlawful act or for use or potential use in an administrative or judicial proceeding.
B. Except for disclosure to any person under investigation or who is the subject of allegations made pursuant to the Medicaid False Claim Act [27-14-1 NMSA 1978] or as ordered by a court for good cause shown, the department shall not produce for inspection or copying or otherwise disclose the contents of documentary material obtained pursuant to this section to a person other than:
(1) an authorized employee of the attorney general;
(2) an agency of this state, the United States or another state;
(3) a district attorney, city attorney or county attorney of this state;
(4) the United States attorney general; or
(5) a state or federal grand jury.
History: Laws 2004, ch. 49, 5.