2016 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 66 - Motor Vehicles
Article 3 - Registration Laws; Security Interests; Anti-Theft Provisions; Bicycles; Equipment; Unsafe Vehicles; Off-Highway Motor Vehicles; Other Vehicles
Part 2 - TRANSFER OF TITLE OR INTEREST
- Section 66-3-101 - Transfer by owner; recordation of mileage of vehicle; use of the plate and registration number on another vehicle.
- Section 66-3-101.1 - Terminal rental adjustment clauses; vehicle leases that are not sales nor create security interests.
- Section 66-3-102 - Endorsement of assignment and warranty of title.
- Section 66-3-103 - New owner to secure transfer of registration and new certificate of title; time period; penalty.
- Section 66-3-104 - Use of plate and registration number on another vehicle; transfer of registration.
- Section 66-3-105 - Transfer by operation of law.
- Section 66-3-106 - Owner after transfer not liable for negligent operation.
- Section 66-3-107 - Duties of seller or transferor; additional duties of dealers; application for registration; penalty; mileage of vehicle.
- Section 66-3-108 - Transfer to dealers.
- Section 66-3-109 - Dealer's guarantee of title.
- Section 66-3-110 - When division to reregister vehicle and issue new certificate.
- Section 66-3-111 - Assignment by person holding lien.
- Section 66-3-112 - Release by lienholder to owner.
- Section 66-3-113 - Failure to deliver certificate; penalty.
- Section 66-3-114 - Repealed.
- Section 66-3-115 - Notification forms; copies; resale of salvaged vehicle or motor vehicle.
- Section 66-3-116 - Title cancellation.
- Section 66-3-117 - Repealed.
- Section 66-3-118 - Manufacturer's certificate of origin; transfer of vehicle not previously registered.
- Section 66-3-119 - Vehicle or motor vehicle to be dismantled.
- Section 66-3-120 - Transportation of certain vehicles; proof of ownership.
- Section 66-3-121 - Disposal of abandoned vehicle or motor vehicle.
- Section 66-3-122 - Registration effective after death of owner.
- Section 66-3-123 - Requirements of purchaser; forms; distribution.
- Section 66-3-124 - Department to provide forms.
- Section 66-3-125 - Restrictions upon licensees.
- Section 66-3-126 - Casual sales; place of sale; advertising; penalty.
- Section 66-3-127 - Warning of violation; removal of vehicle.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.