2016 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 45 - Uniform Probate Code
Article 2 - Intestate Succession and Wills
Part 10 - INTERNATIONAL WILLS
Section 45-2-1005 - International will; certificate.
45-2-1005. International will; certificate.
The authorized person shall attach to the will a certificate to be signed by him establishing that the requirements of Sections 45-2-1101 through 45-2-1110 NMSA 1978 [45-2-1001 to 45-2-1010 NMSA 1978] for valid execution of an international will have been fulfilled. The authorized person shall keep a copy of the certificate and deliver another to the testator. The certificate must be substantially in the following form:
1. I, ________________________ (name, address, and capacity), a person authorized to act in connection with international wills,
2. certify that on __________________ (date) at __________________ (place)
3. (testator) ____ (name, address, date and place of birth) in my presence and that of the witnesses
4. (a) __________________ (name, address, date and place of birth)
(b) __________________ (name, address, date and place of birth) has declared that the attached document is his will and that he knows the contents thereof.
5. I furthermore certify that:
6. (a) in my presence and in that of the witnesses
(1) the testator has signed the will or has acknowledged his signature previously affixed;
*(2) following a declaration of the testator stating that he was unable to sign his will for the following reason __________________, I have mentioned this declaration on the will,
*and the signature has been affixed by ______________________________ (name and address);
7. (b) the witnesses and I have signed the will;
8. *(c) each page of the will has been signed by ______________ and numbered;
9. (d) I have satisfied myself as to the identity of the testator and of the witnesses as designated above;
10. (e) the witnesses met the conditions requisite to act as such according to the law under which I am acting;
11. *(f) the testator has requested me to include the following statement concerning the safekeeping of his will:
12. PLACE OF EXECUTION
14. SIGNATURE and, if necessary, SEAL
*to be completed if appropriate. End Form
History: 1978 Comp., 45-2-1105, enacted by Laws 1992, ch. 66, 11; recompiled as 1978 Comp., 45-2-1005 by Laws 1993, ch. 174, 67.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.