2016 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 30 - Criminal Offenses
Article 6A - Sexual Exploitation of Children
Section 30-6A-2 - Definitions.
As used in the Sexual Exploitation of Children Act [30-6A-1 NMSA 1978]:
A. "prohibited sexual act" means:
(1) sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex;
(4) sadomasochistic abuse for the purpose of sexual stimulation; or
(5) lewd and sexually explicit exhibition with a focus on the genitals or pubic area of any person for the purpose of sexual stimulation;
B. "visual or print medium" means:
(1) any film, photograph, negative, slide, computer diskette, videotape, videodisc or any computer or electronically generated imagery; or
(2) any book, magazine or other form of publication or photographic reproduction containing or incorporating any film, photograph, negative, slide, computer diskette, videotape, videodisc or any computer generated or electronically generated imagery;
C. "performed publicly" means performed in a place that is open to or used by the public;
D. "manufacture" means the production, processing, copying by any means, printing, packaging or repackaging of any visual or print medium depicting any prohibited sexual act or simulation of such an act if one or more of the participants in that act is a child under eighteen years of age; and
E. "obscene" means any material, when the content if taken as a whole:
(1) appeals to a prurient interest in sex, as determined by the average person applying contemporary community standards;
(2) portrays a prohibited sexual act in a patently offensive way; and
(3) lacks serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value.
History: Laws 1984, ch. 92, 2; 1993, ch. 116, 1; 2001, ch. 2, 1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.