There is a newer version of the New Mexico Statutes
2015 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 72 - Water Law
Section 14 Interstate Stream Commission; Protection of Interstate Streams
- Section 72-14-1 Interstate stream commission; creation; membership; organization.
- Section 72-14-2 Expenses.
- Section 72-14-3 General powers of commission; interstate compacts; employees; attorney general's duties.
- Section 72-14-3.1 State water plan; purpose; contents.
- Section 72-14-3.2 Water conservation plans; municipalities, counties and water suppliers.
- Section 72-14-3.3 Interstate stream commission; additional powers; strategic water reserve.
- Section 72-14-4 Budget and plan submitted to governor annually.
- Section 72-14-5 Annual expenditures made under budget and plan.
- Section 72-14-6 Appropriation; how disbursements are to be made.
- Section 72-14-7 Governor authorized to protect water rights in interstate streams.
- Section 72-14-8 Governor may employ persons and fix their compensation.
- Section 72-14-9 Definitions.
- Section 72-14-10 Power to purchase, exchange and condemn property.
- Section 72-14-11 Projects using revenue bond proceeds authorized.
- Section 72-14-12 Power to cross watercourses and avenues of transportation.
- Section 72-14-13 Water conservation revenue bonds authorized; extent of state obligation.
- Section 72-14-14 Revenues from bonds to be applied to cost of projects and associated expenses.
- Section 72-14-15 Funds established.
- Section 72-14-16 Bond proceeds to be appropriately credited.
- Section 72-14-17 Commission to set prices, rates or charges; contracts; disposition of property.
- Section 72-14-18 Debt service fund; payments into fund; fund pledged for payment of interest, fiscal charges and repayment of principal.
- Section 72-14-19 Permanent reservoirs for irrigation purposes income fund; Rio Grande income fund; appropriation.
- Section 72-14-20 Contracts and leases with agencies of United States authorized.
- Section 72-14-21 Accounts pertaining to works required; control of construction; collection of revenues; sale of water; suits.
- Section 72-14-22 Rights of bondholders; enforcement.
- Section 72-14-23 New Mexico irrigation works construction fund created; limitation of liability under act; reparation of damages caused in carrying out powers granted; authority of commission to receive contributions.
- Section 72-14-24 Purpose of act.
- Section 72-14-25 Adjustment of plans and operations to facilitate federal aid to project.
- Section 72-14-26 Disposition of water for public, domestic, industrial and other uses; reconveyance to grantors.
- Section 72-14-27 Liberal construction of act.
- Section 72-14-28 Powers of state agencies and subdivisions to contract with federal government respecting water projects.
- Section 72-14-29 Loans from New Mexico irrigation works construction fund.
- Section 72-14-30 Expenditure of funds for feasibility studies.
- Section 72-14-31 Loans to include sums for feasibility study.
- Section 72-14-32 Loans to supplement federal funds authorized.
- Section 72-14-33 "Project" defined.
- Section 72-14-34 Budgets required.
- Section 72-14-35 Exemption from Bateman Act.
- Section 72-14-36 Special water revenue bonds of interstate stream commission; purpose.
- Section 72-14-37 Special water revenue bonds of interstate stream commission; anticipation of tax proceeds.
- Section 72-14-38 Terms and conditions of bonds.
- Section 72-14-39 Funding.
- Section 72-14-40 Sale of bonds.
- Section 72-14-41 Guarantee by severance tax funds.
- Section 72-14-42 Approval of issue.
- Section 72-14-43 Legislative findings; state appropriation of unappropriated water.
- Section 72-14-44 Interstate stream commission; groundwater appropriation; water rights purchase; water planning funding.
- Section 72-14-45 New Mexico unit fund; purpose; appropriation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.