2015 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 3 - Municipalities
Section 7 Annexation of Territory
- Section 3-7-1 Methods of annexation.
- Section 3-7-1.1 Traditional historic community; qualifications; annexation restrictions.
- Section 3-7-2 Extension of utility service by municipality or other utility.
- Section 3-7-3 Limitation on annexation.
- Section 3-7-4 Annexation; territory owned by the United States, state of New Mexico or a political subdivision; interposition not to prohibit annexation.
- Section 3-7-5 Annexation; arbitration; resolution of intent.
- Section 3-7-6 Annexation; arbitration; creation of board.
- Section 3-7-7 Annexation; election of three members from territory proposed to be annexed; notice; polling places; election officials; ballots; canvass of votes.
- Section 3-7-8 Annexation; arbitration; appointment of three members by municipality.
- Section 3-7-9 Annexation; arbitration; selection of seventh member; procedure; qualifications.
- Section 3-7-10 Annexation; arbitration; chairman; meetings; power of board; final determination.
- Section 3-7-11 Municipal boundary commission; purpose.
- Section 3-7-12 Municipal boundary commission; appointment; qualifications of members; payment of members; secretary of finance and administration to provide staff.
- Section 3-7-13 Contents of petition; submission to department of finance and administration.
- Section 3-7-14 Meetings of the municipal boundary commission; election of a chairman; to meet in municipality to which annexation is proposed; public notice of meeting.
- Section 3-7-15 Duties of the municipal boundary commission; authority of commission to annex; order is final; review by certiorari.
- Section 3-7-16 Filing the order of the municipal boundary commission; annexation complete.
- Section 3-7-17 Annexation; petition by owners of contiguous territory; duty of governing body; ordinance; appeal.
- Section 3-7-17.1 Annexation; certain municipalities in class A counties; procedures; limitations.
- Section 3-7-18 Annexation to include streets.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.