2015 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 3 - Municipalities
Section 2 Incorporation of Municipality
- Section 3-2-1 Petition to incorporate area as a municipality; map and money for census.
- Section 3-2-2 Characteristics of territory proposed to be incorporated as a municipality.
- Section 3-2-3 Urbanized territory; incorporation limited within urbanized territory.
- Section 3-2-4 Special provisions for incorporation of municipalities under certain circumstances.
- Section 3-2-5 Incorporation; duties of county commissioners after filing of petition to act; census required; election; right of appeal to district court.
- Section 3-2-6 Incorporation; notice of the election; registered voters to vote; appointment of election officials; conduct of election; question to be submitted; location of voting places.
- Section 3-2-7 Incorporation; notice of the election results; publication or posting; filing of results; limitation on resubmission.
- Section 3-2-8 Incorporation; election of first officers; duties of board of county commissioners and county clerk; selection of terms of first officers.
- Section 3-2-9 Incorporation complete; judicial notice; defects in incorporation; appeal.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.