2015 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 3 - Municipalities
Section 15 Municipal Charters
- Section 3-15-1 Short title.
- Section 3-15-2 Qualified electors may adopt charter.
- Section 3-15-3 Definitions.
- Section 3-15-4 Petition; submission to voters; frequency of elections; withdrawal of signatures.
- Section 3-15-5 Charter commission; appointment; number; qualifications; duties.
- Section 3-15-6 Gratuitous service by committee; expenses.
- Section 3-15-7 Charter; provisions; restrictions; prior legislation.
- Section 3-15-8 Boundaries; prior rights and property; saving clause.
- Section 3-15-9 Special election on adoption of charter.
- Section 3-15-10 Qualifications of voters; ballots; conduct of election; effect of adoption.
- Section 3-15-11 First election of officers; time; law governing.
- Section 3-15-12 Filing and recording certified copies of charter.
- Section 3-15-13 Charter controls when statute is inconsistent; statutory interpretation.
- Section 3-15-14 Petitions; qualifications of signers; contents.
- Section 3-15-15 Publication of proposed charter.
- Section 3-15-16 Amendment or repeal of charter; alternate methods.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.