2015 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 1 - Elections
Section 3 Precincts and Polling Places
Section 1-3-19 Election-day polling places; adequate resources. ()
1-3-19. Election-day polling places; adequate resources. ()
A. Each election-day polling place in a primary or general election that does not contain mail ballot election precincts or precincts consolidated pursuant to Section 1-3-4 NMSA 1978 shall comply with the requirements for polling places and precincts as provided in Subsections B and C of this section, unless the county clerk receives a written waiver from the secretary of state specifying the location and specific provision being waived.
B. Each polling place shall:
(1) have at least one voting system available to assist disabled voters to cast and record their votes; and
(2) be in a location that is accessible and compliant with the requirements of the federal Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
C. Each precinct polling place located within a single polling place shall have:
(1) a separate precinct board and signature roster for the precinct;
(2) at least one optical scan tabulator for the precinct; and
(3) sufficient spaces for at least five voters to simultaneously and privately mark their ballots, with at least one of those spaces wheelchair-accessible, for the precinct.
History: Laws 2013, ch. 189, 1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.