2015 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 1 - Elections
Section 12 Conduct of Elections
Section 1-12-25.3 Provisional paper ballots; required information.
1-12-25.3. Provisional paper ballots; required information.
A. At a minimum, the following information shall be printed on the outer envelope for a provisional paper ballot:
(1) the name and signature of the voter;
(2) the voter's registered address, both present and former if applicable;
(3) the voter's date of birth;
(4) the reason for using the ballot;
(5) the precinct and the polling place at which the voter has voted; and
(6) sufficient space to list the disposition of the ballot after review by the county clerk.
B. A provisional paper ballot shall not be rejected for lack of the information required by this section and shall be qualified as long as the voter provides a valid signature and sufficient information for the clerk to determine the voter is a qualified elector.
History: Laws 2003, ch. 356, 6; 2005, ch. 270, 71; 2008, ch. 59, 9.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.