2014 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 12 - Miscellaneous Public Affairs Matters
Section 2A Uniform Statute and Rule Construction Act
- Section 12-2A-1 Short title; applicability.
- Section 12-2A-2 Common and technical usage.
- Section 12-2A-3 General definitions.
- Section 12-2A-4 Construction of "shall", "must" and "may".
- Section 12-2A-5 Number, gender and tense.
- Section 12-2A-6 Reference to series.
- Section 12-2A-7 Computation of time.
- Section 12-2A-8 Prospective operation.
- Section 12-2A-9 Severability.
- Section 12-2A-10 Irreconcilable statutes or rules.
- Section 12-2A-11 Enrolled and engrossed bill controls over subsequent publication.
- Section 12-2A-12 Incorporation by reference.
- Section 12-2A-13 Headings and titles.
- Section 12-2A-14 Continuation of previous statute or rule.
- Section 12-2A-15 Repeal of repealing statute or rule.
- Section 12-2A-16 Effect of amendment or repeal.
- Section 12-2A-17 Citation forms.
- Section 12-2A-18 Principles of construction; presumption.
- Section 12-2A-19 Primacy of text.
- Section 12-2A-20 Other aids to construction.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.