2011 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 44: Miscellaneous Civil Law Matters
Article 3: Quo Warranto, 44-3-1 through 44-3-16
- Section 44-3-1: Commencement of proceedings; complaint; writ permissive.
- Section 44-3-2: Trial; time; use of jury permissive.
- Section 44-3-3: Name of private relator to be shown.
- Section 44-3-4: Who may bring action; private relators; when action lies.
- Section 44-3-5: Cost bond to be posted by private relator.
- Section 44-3-6: Usurpation of office; allegations in complaint; compensation of defendant; bond; injunction.
- Section 44-3-7: Right to elective office; allegations concerning election.
- Section 44-3-8: Time of hearing demurrer, amending complaint, filing answer and trial; application for continuance.
- Section 44-3-9: Judgment; nature; expiration of term of office before rendition.
- Section 44-3-10: Judgment for relator claiming office; provisions for changing possession; enforcement; punishment for contempt.
- Section 44-3-11: Costs.
- Section 44-3-12: Judgment for relator claiming office; provisions concerning compensation; separate action for damages.
- Section 44-3-13: Joinder of defendants.
- Section 44-3-14: Judgment finding defendant guilty of usurpation of office; provisions concerning exclusion and costs.
- Section 44-3-15: Election contest statutes unaffected.
- Section 44-3-16: Speedy hearing on appeal.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.