2011 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 41: Torts
Article 4: Tort Claims, 41-4-1 through 41-4-30
- Section 41-4-1: Short title.
- Section 41-4-2: Legislative declaration.
- Section 41-4-3: Definitions.
- Section 41-4-4: Granting immunity from tort liability; authorizing exceptions.
- Section 41-4-5: Liability; operation or maintenance of motor vehicles, aircraft and watercraft.
- Section 41-4-6: Liability; buildings, public parks, machinery, equipment and furnishings.
- Section 41-4-7: Liability; airports.
- Section 41-4-8: Liability; public utilities.
- Section 41-4-9: Liability; medical facilities.
- Section 41-4-10: Liability; health care providers.
- Section 41-4-11: Liability; highways and streets.
- Section 41-4-12: Liability; law enforcement officers.
- Section 41-4-13: Exclusions from waiver of immunity; community ditches or acequias; Sanitary Projects Act associations.
- Section 41-4-14: Defenses.
- Section 41-4-15: Statute of limitations.
- Section 41-4-16: Notice of claims.
- Section 41-4-16.1: Civil action; damages incurred while imprisoned; notice to victim.
- Section 41-4-17: Exclusiveness of remedy.
- Section 41-4-18: Jurisdiction; appeals; venue.
- Section 41-4-19: Maximum liability.
- Section 41-4-20: Coverage of risks; insurance.
- Section 41-4-21: Application of act.
- Section 41-4-22: Insurance fund.
- Section 41-4-23: Public liability fund created; purposes.
- Section 41-4-24: Consulting and claims adjusting contracts.
- Section 41-4-25: Public liability fund; municipal public liability fund; local public body participation; educational entity participation.
- Section 41-4-26: Home rule municipality tort claims ordinances; severability; applicability.
- Section 41-4-27: Home rule municipality; joint powers agreements; coverage.
- Section 41-4-28: Coverage for liability subject to foreign jurisdiction's law.
- Section 41-4-29: Governmental entities; health care students liability coverage; authority to purchase.
- Section 41-4-30: Liability coverage; certain community land grants.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.