2011 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 4: Counties
Article 33: Creation or Change of Counties, 4-33-1 through 4-33-17
- Section 4-33-1: Annexation of a portion of a county to another county; reasons.
- Section 4-33-2: Petition for annexation.
- Section 4-33-3: Contest; notice of election.
- Section 4-33-4: Judges for election; form of ballots.
- Section 4-33-5: Counting and canvassing of votes.
- Section 4-33-6: Copies of certificate of election; publication; delivery.
- Section 4-33-7: Effective date of annexation; effect of outstanding indebtedness.
- Section 4-33-8: Taking part of territory from existing county; indebtedness of existing county; taxation by new county.
- Section 4-33-9: Disposition of taxes collected.
- Section 4-33-10: Taking entire county; indebtedness of old county; taxation.
- Section 4-33-11: Retention of court jurisdiction on creation or change of county.
- Section 4-33-12: Transcription of certain records.
- Section 4-33-13: Cost of transcription; certificate.
- Section 4-33-14: Transcription; effect; evidence.
- Section 4-33-15: Transcriptions made prior to 1899 validated.
- Section 4-33-16: Payment for transcription; county clerk; deferred payments.
- Section 4-33-17: Annexation by resolution; notification of secretary of state; challenge.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.