2011 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 33: Correctional Institutions
Article 3: Jails, 33-3-1 through 33-3-28
- Section 33-3-1: Common jails; operation by sheriff, jail administrator or independent contractor.
- Section 33-3-2: Joint agreements for the construction, management and operation of correctional and detention facilities and jails.
- Section 33-3-3: Confinement of prisoners in county where offense committed.
- Section 33-3-4: Inspection of jails and detention centers; report.
- Section 33-3-5: Cleanliness and feeding prisoners.
- Section 33-3-6: Food for prisoners.
- Section 33-3-7: Record of prisoners; escapes.
- Section 33-3-8: Rules for punishment.
- Section 33-3-9: County jails; deduction of time for good behavior.
- Section 33-3-10: Repealed.
- Section 33-3-11: Jail for nonpayment of fine.
- Section 33-3-12: Commitments to be furnished; orders of release; penalty.
- Section 33-3-13: Prisoners waiting [awaiting] trial; confinement in county jail.
- Section 33-3-14: Confinement in county other than in which crime committed; expense borne by county; exception.
- Section 33-3-15: Transfer of prisoner to another county or the penitentiary for safekeeping; expense.
- Section 33-3-16: United States prisoners.
- Section 33-3-17: Reports of federal prisoners presented to federal court; account of expenses; approval by court.
- Section 33-3-18: Counties without jails; arrangements with other counties.
- Section 33-3-19: Prisoners in jails; work.
- Section 33-3-20: Repealed.
- Section 33-3-21: Commitments by magistrates; confinement in town jail.
- Section 33-3-22: Town or village jails.
- Section 33-3-23: Confinement of prisoners committed by Indian government; cost.
- Section 33-3-24: Prisoner-release program.
- Section 33-3-25: Local government corrections fund created; administration; distribution.
- Section 33-3-26: Agreements for jails or for jail services; pilot programs.
- Section 33-3-27: Jail agreements; approval; liability; termination; venue.
- Section 33-3-28: Jailers; peace officer powers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.