2011 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 13: Public Purchases and Property
Article 4C: Public Works Mediation, 13-4C-1 through 13-4C-11
Section 13-4C-5: Notice of mediation session; service of notice.
13-4C-5. Notice of mediation session; service of notice.
A. An interested person may convene a mediation session for the purpose of resolving disputes related to the performance of a public works project. Mediation of a dispute related to the performance of a public works project shall take place within thirty days after an interested person has provided notice of the mediation session to other interested persons.
B. When an interested person receives notice of a mediation session, that person may notify other interested persons of the mediation session. A person who receives notice of a mediation session shall provide notice:
(1) to other interested persons no later than five days following receipt of the original notice; and
(2) that other interested persons have been notified to the interested person who convened the mediation session no later than five days following receipt of the original notice.
C. An interested person providing notice of a mediation session shall include the following information within the notice:
(1) the name and mailing address of the mediator;
(2) the date, time and location of the mediation session;
(3) a brief summary of all issues concerning a dispute related to the performance of a public works project;
(4) a brief statement regarding an interested person's association to a dispute related to the performance of a public works project, when the interested person has been provided with notice of a mediation session; and
(5) the cost for an eight-hour mediation session and the responsibility for payment of the costs pursuant to the provisions of Section 13-4C-11 NMSA 1978.
D. Service of the notice required pursuant to the provisions of Subsection B of this section shall be made by:
(1) mailing a certified letter, return receipt requested, to an interested person's residence, principal office or place of business; or
(2) delivering a copy of the notice to interested persons.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.