2009 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 61 - Professional and Occupational Licenses.
Article 6A - Genetic Counseling Act
Section 61-6A-6 - Requirements for licensing.
61-6A-6. Requirements for licensing.
The board shall grant a license to practice genetic counseling to a person who has:
A. submitted to the board:
(1) a completed application for licensing on the form provided by the board;
(2) required documentation as determined by the board;
(3) the required fees;
(4) an affidavit stating that the applicant has not been found guilty of unprofessional conduct or incompetence;
(5) satisfactory documentation of having earned:
(a) a master's degree from a genetic counseling training program that is accredited by the ABGC, or an equivalent as determined by the board; or
(b) a doctoral degree from a medical genetics training program that is accredited by the ABMG, or an equivalent as determined by the board; and
(6) proof that the applicant is ABGC- or ABMG-certified; and
B. complied with any other requirements of the board.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.